Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Skincare Shakeup


Hey Hey! First of all, Happy New Years guys! I wish you all a blessed new year! I thought I would start the year of with a bang, and post about my skincare regime. I am going to be completely honest here and say, I was not big on skincare until probably october time, I just used to cleanse my skin and apply any moisturiser I could find, after reading about what an impact skincare has and how important it is, I took a trip to Origins after hearing people raving about their products and picked up this Christmas package, for £35. Individually the products are rather pricey so I'm not sure I will be repurchasing every item from the package but there is one of these beauties that I can't be without now.

To start with, I have pretty normal skin with just a slightly oily T-Zone and not many blemishes apart from a bit of discolouration around my mouth and chin which is pretty common amongst Indian skin. I've felt really insecure about this for ages and have tried to cover it up using different concealers and exfoliating but nothing seemed to work. This Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Bright Skin Tone Correcting Serum is said to remove dark spots and discolouration while preventing them from reappearing. Guys, I can't put into words just how much I love this, its such a miracle worker, since using it I've noticed such a difference and my discolouration has started to disappear. I apply this both day and night, after applying during the day you have to moisturise using an SPF, because the serum makes your skin more sensitive to any harmful rays from the sun and the SPF helps to protect your skin.

To moisturise, I'm currently using the Origins Brighter by Nature SPF 35 moisturiser purely because it came in the pack. Its a lovely moisturiser and leaves my skin looking brighter and healthier but theres plenty of budget buy moisturisers that I've used that leave me with the same result (Budget Beauty buys post coming soon!). Always remember to buy a moisturiser with an SPF in though just to protect your skin, it really is so important to use an SPF on your skin guys!

The next on the list is this Origins Ginzing eye cream, okay honestly I rarely ever use this. It's just collecting dust on my dressing table. However, on days when I'm desperate for some eye cream because I've had no sleep, or they just look dead, this eye cream does brighten and hydrate my eyes. I'm not too fussed about eye creams so I don't have much to say about this but I guess it does what it says on the bottle!

When removing my makeup, I use any standard makeup wipe and then cleanse using the Garnier Pure Active Fruit energy wash. This has been part of my routine for ages, it really cleanses the skin well and leaves it looking brighter and fresh. I love using it in the morning because it just wakes my skin up!

Finally, once a week I use the Origins Drink up Intensive mask, guys this smells so gorgeous, it screams tropical fruits and aaaaah, I feel like getting it on now! It's an overnight mask, and is said to add moisture to the skin, I use this when my skins looking tired or dehydrated and it needs a good pick me up. In the morning my skin just looks super refreshed, healthy and a lot smoother. It is a luxury buy so if you're considering getting it, then I'd recommend getting a sample just to test it out.

Do you guys have any good skincare recommendations? If so - I'd love to hear! :)

Hope you enjoyed my post!
Hugs and Love
Hannah
xoxo
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. This all sounds amazing, my mum has some origins products that are amazing and I do steal!
    However, for a face wash I use Angels on Bare Skin from Lush, because I'm generally spotty but I do have major breakouts occasionally and this just cleared my skin right up and I can't live without it!

    Happy New Year!
    xxx

    www.s-t-u-d.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Origins have really lovely products, but they are high end so I don't shop there too often! I love Lush face masks, I had the Love Lettuce one, its amazing! I haven't used anything else from there, I think I shall make a trip tomorrow to check them out ;)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Our muscles become deflated with age, losing their moisture like a dry sponge. Acupuncture restores the natural internal irrigation so the 'sponge' is plumped up again and the wrinkles disappear. Treatments include addressing the facial muscles directly because the electro-stimulation of the natural electric charge in the muscle re-establishes the natural flow and the charge/discharge cycle. This enlivens the tissue. Fluids can move through as they did in youth. Kathleen's PEMF instrument quickens the process of rebuilding skin and muscle tissue, while improving the face's senses: vision, hearing, brain power, and also alleviating depression, as confirmed in numerous studies!
    meditation cd's
    Dr R Brand
    Viraxl
    Longevity Pure Medicine
    Immune Sweet
    Visit the website for more information- www.brainbodybliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Mediderm amazing products since they work perfectly on your skin.I am interested in trying out these products too to see if it will work well on my skin too.Visit the website for more information: www.beautybeverlyhills.com/peel-rx-cream
    peel-rx-cream

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig